Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Show case experience

Show case day 

IMG_0057




















I can remember it like it was yesterday. I was assigned a group for my interdisciplinary project and it was  For GMO'S. In that group was Cristal, Gabriela, Andres, and Me. We assigned each a role I was assigned two specific roles. My first role was to explain how local individuals would be affected. My second role was the call to action which was what we should do or start doing in order to make change. We had almost a month and a half until presentation day so as a group we got together and started researching and decided to right or present how our foods should started being labeled if it contained any GMO of some sort. finally presentation day comes. On the day of the presentation i felt really nervous in fact, out of my mind nervous. I was the first out of my group to show up to school and then Cristal. Cristal and I waited for Gabriela and Andres but they were not showing up. It was 6:20 and our presentation was at 6:30 so Cristal and I started to worry so we decided to start practicing their roles in case they were a no show. As soon as we finished practicing we see that they were down the hall finally, and it had ended up that we were supposed to show up in a different room, so the whole time we were worried for nothing. We finally got called in and I felt shaky like jello, but as soon as I saw Mr. Haymore in there as one of the judges Some of my nervousness went away. I did stutter a few time in my presentation but I was glad that in the end the judges liked our presentation. That same day after the presentation I realized that it wasn't such a huge deal it was easy and I wish I could have done it again so that I could have done it better and filled it up with a bit more information on the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment